- Virginia invasive species information, including news, invasive species lists, and fact sheets. Virginia Department of Conservation and Recreation, Natural Heritage Division.
- Plant Invaders of Mid-Atlantic Natural Areas. J. Swearingen, et al., National Park Service and U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service, 2014. With 80 invasives, plus native alternatives.
- A Field Guide for the Identification of Invasive Plants in Southern Forests. James H. Miller, et al., U.S. Forest Service, Southern Research Station Gen. Tech. Rpt SRS-119, 2010. Great pictures.
- A Management Guide for Invasive Plants in Southern Forests. James H. Miller, et al., U.S. Forest Service, Southern Research Station Gen. Tech. Rpt SRS 131, 2015.
- Information about invasive plants in the U.S., including fact sheets. Plant Conservation Alliance
- Mistaken Identity? Invasive Plants and their Native Look-Alikes. Sarver et al., published by Delaware Department of Agriculture, 2008.
- Blue Ridge PRISM. The Partnership for Regional Invasive Species Management is a Cooperative Weed Management Area focusing on 10 counties along the northern Blue Ridge, including the entire Shenandoah National Park. Their website at https://blueridgeprism.org has excellent fact sheets on 12 of the worst invasives in our area and on removal techniques.
- Non-Native Invasive Plant Species Control Treatments. Virginia Department of Forestry. Concise, up to date summary.
Compiled for the Virginia Native Plant Society by Ruth Douglas
Updated April, 2021