News & Updates
• Check out the Spring, 2023 Declaration newsletter! Read about the (unsuccessful) quest for a rare plant, a meditation on February, light pollution, upcoming chapter meetings and walks, and more! 3/4/2023
• Enjoy reading the Fall, 2022 Declaration newsletter! Learn about the evolution of a meadow, later summer blooms, the unique features and habitats of Maple Flats in August county, the Ivy Creek Pollinator Garden, upcoming chapter meetings and walks, and more! 9/26/2022
• Don't miss reading the Spring, 2022 Declaration newsletter! News about our chapter's upcoming plant sale on April 24, new threats to the Spicebush Swallowtail butterfly, upcoming chapter events, and more. 3/10/2022
• Just published: the Summer, 2021 Declaration newsletter! Read about earthworms, a "new" orange caterpillar on milkweed, White Snakeroot, our spring virtual plant sale, upcoming chapter events and more. 8/29/2021
• The Winter, 2021 Declaration newsletter is now online! Learn about Common Buckeye Butterfly, the Ivy Creek Pollinator Garden, upcoming chapter events and more. 3/4/2021
• Are you looking for a fun family activity while social distancing? Check out November’s Ivy Creek virtual plant walk with Ruth Douglas. 11/21/2020
• Enjoy the Summer, 2020 Declaration newsletter. Learn all about the stamens, Pipevine Swallowtail Butterfly, and upcoming plant walks and meetings. 8/28/2020
• Learn about the Mourning Cloak, a late winter butterfly; Pawpaws in the limelight; and our Native Plant Sale in the Winter, 2020 edition of the The Declaration newsletter.
• Update your calendar for upcoming local meetings, presentations, lectures, and other events described in the Jefferson Chapter Events Calendar.
• And keep up with Jefferson chapter activities and discussion on our Facebook Page!
Plant Sale Profile: Mertensia virginica
Mertensia virginica is a member of the Borage (Boraginaceae) family. Commonly called Virginia Bluebells, its also known as Virginia Cowslip, Roanoke-bells, Eastern Bluebells and Lungwort Oysterleaf. When the leaves emerge they are a lovely shade of purple, quickly turning a medium green as they increase in size. Although the flowers…
- « Previous