Tuesday, December 12, 2023
Montgomery Museum of Art and History
Join us for the VNPS New River Chapter December program featuring a member slideshow and holiday gathering. Please consider submitting for the slideshow and bringing finger foods to share (please bring your own utensils).
The December meeting is an opportunity for members to share their interest in native plants through photos and stories. Consider passing on your experiences from books you’ve read, nurseries you visited, trips you’ve taken, a project you worked on, a website that you found, or anything else plant related.
To send in photographs or a short write up please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make sure the title of your email includes the abbreviation VNPS.
- Attach the photos for the slideshow to the email or upload your photos to your Google drive. If you use Google drive, be sure that the folder is shared.
- If the slides need to be shown in a particular order, consider adding a number in the front such as 1, 2, 3, or 01, 02 if there are more than 9.
- If slides are brought to the meeting on a thumb drive please put the photos in a single folder using your name as the name of the folder.
- Use standard image formats such as PNG or JPG. AVIF and WEBP images are examples of image formats to avoid – if possible.
The meeting will be held in person and via Zoom. Attend in person at the Montgomery Museum of Art and History, 4 East Main Street, Christiansburg, Virginia. This is a new site for the museum, in the town square next to the post office. There are some parking spaces in front of the museum and the spaces in front of the post office are available at night. There is also parking on the side of the building which is harder to find. A Montgomery Museum parking sign on Main Street behind the building leads you between the police station and the museum building and to the parking on your left. A sign on North Franklin leads you through the old drive through for the bank and to the parking on your right. The front and side entrance will be open. We will be using the Community Room on the lower floor of the museum.
Please register at https://tinyurl.com/VNPS-NR-Dec-2023-meeting to receive the Zoom link. Pre-Registration helps us plan, but you can register at any time before or during the program.
Free copies of “A Guide to Gardening with Southwest Virginia Native Plants” will be available at the meeting. In addition, copies of “Plant Invaders of Mid-Atlantic Natural Areas” will be available for sale at the meeting.